Guerrilla Tactics in the Culture War- Part 3
First I want to thank you for your comments on this series. We are in a cultural conflict where freedom is under attack on many fronts. I chose to talk about self-defense. Unfortunately, most conservative politicians are pacifists in this culture war.
If you don’t believe me, here is an example from last month where San Francisco imposed regulations designed to close the city’s last gun shop, the last gun store for a city of 800 thousand people! Believe me, the citizens of San Francisco are not all anti-gun liberals. In Southern California, Los Angeles gangs threatened to kill hundreds of people. The Los Angeles City Council responded by further disarming law abiding civilians. I gave you the links because I couldn’t believe it myself.
What could we do? In this culture war, people who love liberty should advocate for a better culture rather than sit passively as they lose their liberties one at a time. Self-defense is more than a right we tolerate. Self-defense is a virtue and we should actively support it.
What would we do if we really valued self-sufficiency and self-defense?
- If we really valued self-defense, then businesses would give discounts to people who were carrying concealed.. and maybe give a discount to registered voters too. (Would you vote if it meant a discount at your local gas station or grocery store for the next two years?)
- Responsible employers should ask their staff to obtain a carry license and carry at work.
- Homes would be built with security in mind. That includes solid doors and door frames, good sight-lines, and hard cover for safe rooms.
- Insurance companies would offer lower rates to schools and churches that have trained and armed staff.
- Carmakers would include a built-in holster for car carry.
- Hotel chain should equip their rooms with gun racks and safes. Why aren’t these requirements in local building codes today?
- Frequently robbed businesses like bars and convenience stores should offer discounts to concealed carriers. Taxi services should also offer discounted fares to CCW holders.. particularly after dark.
What would local politicians do tomorrow if they really valued self-sufficiency and self-defense?
- Gun ownership reduces crime.. so politicians should offer tax rebates for trained gun owners. You would receive larger rebates if you’ve taken recent training and have a security system on your house or business.
- Government employees who infringe the right of self-defense would be personally liable for court costs and penalty fees.
- Government buildings that impose gun-free zones must also provide secure firearms storage so armed visitors can turn in their guns.
- A criminal’s gun is given to the successful defender at the time of the incident.
That is a small start on one front of the culture war. I’ll be back with more examples in the last post.
Let me leave you with one question. What would you do if self-defense were a virtue?
Please give me a like and a share.