Eye Protection, and Dodging a Bullet
My wife and I shot a steel match on Saturday. We had a good time because shooting steel is so much fun. It also reminded me why we wear high quality shooting glasses.
The match had a rifle stage with targets at 40 to 45 yards. A fragment from a rifle bullet bounced off the steel target and caught me in the ribs. I thought I’d been punched. Odd, but it cut me without breaking the fabric of my shirt.
Here is what I want to share with you;
- No one was at fault, but ricochets happen, so expect them.
- Better me than someone else.
- Better my ribs than my face.
- Better my face than my eyes.
- Always wear high quality shooting glasses if you are withing 100 yards of a steel shoot.