LA Times Says We Might be Domestic Terrorists
From an unsigned editorial in the LA Times today– Peril from ‘Patriots’
“The U.S. needs to keep a close watch on the growing threat of home-grown extremist groups.
“There are, in increasingly frightening numbers, cells of angry men in the United States preparing for combat with the U.S. government. They are usually heavily armed, blinded by an intractable hatred, often motivated by religious zeal.”
That sounds like slander and deliberately inciting fear to me. California is already a hotbed of forced civilian disarmament, and that is before enacting the new gun prohibitions that state lawmakers propose. I guess any opposition doesn’t sit well with the states elite media mouthpiece. Maybe it was the tens of thousands of responsible gun owners who rallied to protect our civil rights. Maybe it was the tens of thousands of responsible gun owners who go to gun shows to get increasingly scarce ammunition. Either might have caused The LA Slimes editorial board to resort to slanderous speculation.
Perhaps the change in public mood is caused by the United States government growing from the smallest government in the world to the largest government of any nation in the world (and here.) That growth of government changed the lives of every man woman and child in this country.
The Slimes does have a point in that their editorial accurately copies the talking points from some government security agencies. According to some government documents, you might be a domestic terrorist if you disagree with current government policy.
From the Department of Homeland Security-
You might be a terrorist if you’re a liberty lover;
- You voice suspicion of centralized federal authority.
- You profess opinions reverent of individual liberty.
- You express contempt of expanded security powers like the Patriot Act.
- You criticize government economic and industrial policy.
- You sometimes pay in cash.
- You make references to constitutional rights and civil liberties.
You might be a terrorist if you have strong philosophical or religious beliefs that differ from the Democrat party;
- You express libertarian philosophies through statements or bumper stickers. (If I don’t have a bumper sticker, could it count if I have Hayek’s book “The Road to Serfdom” in my library?)
- You have or support strong religious views.
- You support reactionary political groups such as OathKeepers or the Tea Party.
You might be a terrorist if you support self-sufficiency and self-reliance;
- You are a member of the NRA, a gun club, hold a CCW permit or support other gun rights organizations.
- You have taken self-defense training.
- You own precious metals or other barter items.
- You have a ready supply of food, tools, medical supplies and self-defense items.
- You grow your own food or livestock.
- You support homeschooling.
I found this one from the TSA-
- You might be a domestic terrorist if you “expresses contempt against airport passenger procedures.”
Wow. I guess you shouldn’t read this blog because I’m often critical of our elected leaders and our unelected bureaucrats.. as well as having a few dangerous fruit trees in my back yard. Who knew I was growing my own food!? Depending on how you scored on this list, you should probably turn yourself in now. Here is a form where you can turn yourself in to the DHS. You’re welcome. I’m just being a good citizen.
Welcome to SlowFacts, my fellow domestic terrorists.
Does anyone read the LA Times?
Rob loves liberty
Please give me a Like, Share and a Rating.