Gun Prohibition Tests our Senators and Congressmen
Let’s thank Senator Feinstein and President Obama for testing our Senators and Congressmen. With Senator Feinstein’s help, we will find out if the Democrat controlled Senate will actually vote to impose new gun regulations on the American people. As proposed, the Senator’s 122 pages of new gun laws would not have stopped ANY of the recent mass shootings, not Newtown, not Oak Creek, not Aurora, not Fort Hood and not Virginia Tech. Maybe the legislators don’t care about new gun laws since the new gun-control laws deliberately exclude politicians.
More important is the proposed legislation that I couldn’t find. I looked but couldn’t find meaningful reforms such as;
- increased funding of mental health screening and treatment
- new requirements for reporting mental health status to state data bases
- NIH funding to investigate links between violence and drugs used to treat depression and other mental disorders
- new restrictions on violent video games that desensitize young people
- funding for school resource officers
- liability reform so those who post “gun free zones” are held responsible for violence that occurs within those areas
Will the Democrat Senate actually impose new gun laws on the American people? Maybe they will.. and maybe they won’t. Call your legislator and help them make up their mind. Your phone calls convinced New York Democrats NOT to pass these laws.
- Confiscation of “assault weapons”
- Confiscation [of] ten round clips
- Statewide database for ALL Guns
- Continue to allow pistol permit holder’s information to be open to the public
- Label semiautomatic shotguns with more than 5 rounds or pistol grips as “assault weapons”
- Limit the number of rounds in a magazine to 5 and confiscation and forfeiture of banned magazines
- Limit possession to no more than two (2) magazines
- Limit purchase of guns to one gun per person per month
- Require re-licensing of all pistol permit owners
- Require renewal of all pistol permits every five years
- State issued pistol permits
- Micro-stamping of all guns in New York State
- Require licensing of all gun ammo dealers
- Mandatory locking of guns at home
- Fee for licensing and registering weapons
Now we’ll see what the politicians do when citizens are watching.
Rob the activist
Please rate, like, and link. Say what you will.