Supporting Self-Defense: Keyboard Cowboys versus Boots on the Ground
- Are you a member of the National Rifle Association and a member of your state’s NRA affiliate organization?
- Do you belong to Gun Owners of America and the Second Amendment Foundation?
- Do you donate regularly to the national and state self-defense political action committees?
- You’re active in your local NRA chapter, you recruit new members at gun shows, volunteer to train new shooters at your gun club, and volunteer for the NRA’s Women on Target?
- You’re active in your local political parties and are known by many of your local politicians and their office staff? Oh, God, do not tell me you support the second amendment but don’t have time for politics and politicians. Stop drinking and go buy a clue!
- You write a letter by hand AND make a call when your state and local gun rights legislative groups send out the word on pending legislation!
Now look. I’m not asking about what your husband does, what your wife does, or about that distant cousin who’s a gun nut. I’m asking you! So please tell me again. Do you support the right of self-defense.. or are you a keyboard cowboy?
Me, I’m almost there and working on it.
Rob, the boots on the ground